Wednesday, August 3, 2011

DIY Network watch out...

The past couple of weeks has been quite hectic around our house, as we decided to take on quite a large DIY home improvement project.  Good thing we had this little guy around to help.  We wouldn't be nearly as far along today as we are if it wasn't for his hard work and excellent supervisory skills...




For those out there that may have aspirations of taking on a kitchen remodel, make sure that you have enough help.  Along with Lleyton's expertise, I also leaned on Sara's dad for the majority of the work.  It's always good have a Bob Vila type of father-in-law.  Allow me to let you in on a little secret, although I tell Lleyton and Parker that I taught Grandpa Paul everything he knows about home improvements, that's not necessarily true. I would know very little about how to rip boards, or cut granite, or operate heavy tools, or really anything else home improvement related if it weren't for Grandpa Paul...but my boys think it's cool that I have bestowed my expertise on him, so I will just let them keep believing that.  Thanks to Sara's dad for going along with my story.

Back to the project.  Before we got underway, I envisioned wrapping everything up in two days. Twelve days later we are nearing the finish line.  Although it has taken quite a bit longer than we had expected, the end result is going to be better than we could have imagined. 

Soon, it will be onto the next project...anything to keep us busy while we wait for our chance to go get our little guy from Korea.

No comments:

Post a Comment