Sunday, February 21, 2010

Hoping for good news about Baby Sister

Our agency director is off to Ethiopia again tomorrow, so Sara and I are again preparing for another week of waiting on some sort of word regarding our case.

We are trying to remain optimistic about the likelihood that Baby Sister will in fact be Lleyton and Parker's baby sister someday. However, as the weeks of waiting have turned into several months, the thought of that not happening has become more realistic. That is a tough pill to swallow.

Over the last few months, we have been encouraged by our agency to look at another referral and then make the decision whether or not to continue to wait for Baby Sister or accept a new little girl into our lives. I don't know if that sounds as difficult as it is, but trust me, when we face that decision again (which we have once before already, we waited), it will again be one of the most difficult decisions of our lives.

Obviously, we are hopeful that the uncertainly will go away this week, if we were to get the word that Baby Sister's paperwork has been completed and we are rolling towards finalizing this dream of becoming her parents. Hopeful and realistic are two different things, so we aren't overly optimistic about that happening.

In the wake of all of this difficult uncertainty, Sara has pressed on with putting together a room for Baby Sister, and in my opinion, this is her best work yet (which is saying alot because I really like Lleyton and Parker's rooms). We made a trip to IKEA today to pick up some odds and ends and we are nearing completion. Following a couple of a last minute decorations, the pièce de résistance will be a little girl that we can call Baby Sister.

1 comment:

  1. Hello from Indianapolis. I am so sorry to hear this news. Your family has waited for so long. I hope you hear good news SOON! I would love to still get together with you all if you are ever in Indy.

    My youngest son has SPD too and the trampoline helped him a lot. He has outgrown a lot of some of it (he is 5 1/2years), but we have found for him that he needs to be on a gluten free diet.