Monday, February 22, 2010

Can you spell Pikachu?



Yesterday, on way to IKEA were we telling Parker how much he was going to enjoy it, as the megastore offers quite a combination of cool kids stuff along with good food, both of which he enjoys immensely. We had tried to explain to him how big the store was, so once we got off the exit he pointed to a large hotel and said, "Is that it?"

I told him that it wasn't, that in fact that was a hotel. He then asked me how I knew it was a hotel, with which I answered because I can read the sign that says Marriott. At that point he wanted to know how I can read every word. I told him I was very good and reading and spelling, and that I could spell any word.

Without hesitation, he responded with, "You can't spell Pikachu."

He got me. I didn't know how to spell Pikachu. He didn't either, but now we both do.

1 comment: