Saturday, September 17, 2011

Thank you Martha Stewart.

Kids aren't supposed to write on walls.  That is unless one could turn said wall into a chalkboard, and thanks to Martha Stewart that is just what we did. 

Sara recently found a recipe online for making your own chalkboard paint and was instantly smitten.  So smitten, in fact, that we took on the first part or a two part chalkboard wall project this week.  The kids didn't know about it, so you can imagine their delight this morning when I pulled them into the laundry room and actually encouraged them to write on the wall...and write on the wall they did.



They had quite a time.  Lleyton was busy drawing seahorses while Parker perfected his shark scene, and after that masterpiece was complete, they erased and started over with...

Self portraits!

Parker did his own and I helped with Lleyton's.  Now I don't want to sound like I am tooting my own horn, but I am pretty sure that if banking doesn't work out I could have a future in art. 

You be the judge.

No comments:

Post a Comment