Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Our future scholar.



Now that Parker is in First Grade and loving it, Sara thought it would be a good idea to start getting Lleyton in the swing of things as well. 

As you can see, he loves emulating his brother and working on his schoolwork.

Our little guy has always battled his inability to concentrate and sit still, so I can't tell you how proud I am of him when he is able to overcome that, especially when it involves something as beneficial as working on his letters, numbers, and colors.

Thank goodness he decided that Sunday afternoon was the best time for him to concentrate on his schoolwork, as it gave me a more than adequate reason to not watch the Bengals.  In case you weren't watching (which I would hope you weren't), the Bengals fell behind to the Patriots 31-3.  Some things never change.  Side note:  It's interesting reading that post again and seeing how much things have changed regarding Tiger. 

I digress.

Back to Lleyton...thanks to an idea given to us by Sara's good friend (and blog reader) Kate, I have written a letter to the Director of Student Services for our public school corporation.  As Kate informed us, the schools offer therapy for students as young as preschool.  My fingers are crossed that the director will understand our situation and allow us to have Lleyton assessed to determine what his therapeutic needs are and if they will be able to provide those for him. 

I have been in contact with the Director over the past year, as Parker is in the ELL (English Language Learners)  program at his school and we have been pleased with his progress, so hopefully Lleyton will benefit from the services they offer as well.

I will report back as to what I hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment