Given the current state of uncertainty surrounding Baby Sister's paperwork, I write this post with a hint of trepidation.
Our adoption agency director is slated to travel to Ethiopia as soon as the end of this week, and she will be so graciously delivering the care package that Sara lovingly put together for Baby Sister. It is very cool to think that a week from now, Baby Sister will be formally introduced to us, and will have a picture of Sara and I and the boys hanging from her crib.
Here are a couple pictures of the package.
The trepidation stems from the unknown surrounding what is taking so long for the orphanage to produce the necessary paperwork for this little beauty that we have whole heartedly welcomed into our family.
Our minds are racing every day wondering what could be delaying the process. My hearts skips a beat each time I see an email pop up from our adoption agency. Parker wants to know how many sleeps it is going to be before mommy and daddy travel to Ethiopia to pick her up. We can't answer that question right now, we are just hoping that one day soon we can.
I can't seem to think of a way to effectively relay how challenging this time has become. We spoke to our agency director the other day, as I have made it a point to check in every week, and she gave us the option of waiting for Baby Sister or looking at new referrals when they become available. At this point, we have rejected the notion of looking at other little girls, because Baby Sister has occupied a large spot in our hearts, and we are willing to wait for her. Our agency director remains optimistic that the gathering the paperwork is a matter of when and not if, so hopefully her upcoming travel to Ethiopia will bring an opportunity to investigate what is holding up the process and maybe she can assist in getting what needs to be done completed.
Our fingers are crossed.
You don't know it yet, because I can't post her pictures or videos, but she is perfect. Just ask Lleyton and Parker.