Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Signed, sealed and delivered!

We got the good news we have been waiting for today. Our little girl's medical report came back clean and we have signed on the dotted line.

When I emailed our agency director where I should sign, she quickly responded with this:

"I think you need to sign on the page that says: I will never have a backbone again. My daughter will be wrapped around my pinky. I will pull out my wallet every time she smiles a little smile. I will cry at her kindergarten graduation, her first tooth falling out, at her first date and at her wedding.. well, there will be buckets for my tears. I will start to save for her wedding, college, etc right now because I no longer care about myself.. who needs ice cream, blockbuster videos, movie night, eating out.. when I have a DAUGHTER!"

Needless to say, we have the best adoption agency ever. Sue and her staff at Celebrate Children International are as good as it gets.

Our paperwork has made it to Ethiopia and is being translated as I type. After translation, it will be submitted to court (once they reopen), and we will be given a court date.

Have I mentioned that she is beautiful? I wish I could share a picture with everyone, but that will come with time.

Here's to adding the cutest little girl to our rotation of two very handsome little boys.

Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. Ha! I think Brian Roberts signed a similar form, though I don't know where it came from- he's already wrapped around a very little finger. I think your agency is right, if he is any indication.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! We are with CCI also and fully agree with you. Sue has been amazing and seems to have a boundless supply of energy.

    www.thetorgersonfamily.shutterfly.com

    Lana Torgerson

    ReplyDelete