Sunday, September 27, 2009

Question and comment of the day.

As I have previously mentioned, Parker is very inquisitive as of late. Today's question of the day was, "Why does my tongue move every time I talk?". That was one of approximately 500 questions he asked today, but by far the most memorable.

Today's comment of the day came from Lleyton. This evening was the first time in over a year that I have been legitimately excited about being a Bengals fan. Carson Palmer had just led a 4th quarter drive in the waining seconds to elevate the Bengals past my least favorite team in sports, the Steelers, and I was standing in front of the TV with my arms outstretched in the air as if I had been on the receiving end of Carson's strike to Andre Caldwell to win the game. At that very moment, without prompting, Lleyton began to chant "Bengals football, I no care! Bengals football, I no care! Bengals football, I no care!".

This outburst came from the child that was welcomed into America on that frigid January afternoon in 2008 wearing a Carson Palmer jersey.


I was, and still am, speechless.

No comments:

Post a Comment