Monday, June 6, 2011

Interview with Parker

I took the day off today to get some things done around the house and decided to pick Parker up from daycare and take him wherever he wanted to eat lunch.  My guess was he was going to pick McDonald, BW3's, or Beef O'Bradys.  I was correct.  After surprising my initially and picking Chipotle, he quickly changed his mind and decided on Beef O'Brady's.  Over a delicious lunch I asked him a range of questions.  The transcript follows:

Me: What is your favorite thing about being in America?
Parker: Having a mom and dad, grandmas and grandpas, and a brother and sister.

Me: What is your favorite possession?
Parker:  My mom and dad and brother and sister...and my basketball goal.

Me: What is your favorite memory over the last two years?
Parker: Playing sports.

Me: What is your favorite memory of Ethiopia?
Parker: Eating injera.

Me;  What is your favorite time of year?
Parker: Summer

Me: What is your favorite thing about school?
Parker:  Recess

Me:  Who is your favorite singer?
Parker:  Nobody....wait, wait, wait...it's the people that sing that song Lleyton like so much, Stuck Like Glue.  (For all of you non-country listeners, he is referring to Sugarland)

Me: What is your favorite movie?
Parker: Megamind

Me: What is your favorite holiday?
Parker: Christmas

Me: What is your favorite food?
Parker: Injera

Me: What is your favorite American food?
Parker:  Chicken nuggets and fries...and Doritos...and Cheetos...and chips.

Me: Who is your best friend?
Parker: Nathan

Me: What is your favorite sports team?
Parker:  In baseball it is the Reds.  Football it is the Steelers.  Basketball it is the Lakers.

Me: What is the one thing you would like people to know about you?
Parker:  I love baseball.  I love basketball.  I love my mom and dad.

1 comment:

  1. Please tell Parker that I love Sugarland too. Mark and I are going to see them in concert at the Indiana State Fair in Aug. Ask him if he wants to come :) They are awesome!

    ReplyDelete