Saturday, March 12, 2011

5K

With the help of quite a cheering section, I completed my first 5K this morning.  After nine weeks of training through subzero temperatures, more than my fair share of snow and ice and very few nice days, wouldn't you know that today was beautiful.  The perfect weather for my first go round with a 3.1 mile race.

Pre-race pictures...

Part of the cheering section.


C25K squad (Beckey, Caitlin and myself)


Post-race picture...

C25K squad back together again.


Next up:  Run for Congo in Indianapolis on April 2.  Dare I say that I am looking forward to it.





3 comments:

  1. Congrats on your first 5K! I am so excited that you are coming to Run for Congo Indy! Thanks for the shout-out in your post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!!!! I have been thinking about doing the WALK for Congo next month. I would love to meet your family. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Matt,
    I am so impressed! Can't wait to hear more about it. Sounds like your next race is here...maybe we can come down and see you. Give us details :) I am so proud!!! Keep it up. PS tell Little that I would love the recipe for her cake! Yum!

    ReplyDelete