Sunday, December 13, 2009

The gift that keeps on giving

No, it's not the Jelly of the Month Club, it's even better. I wanted to give a small gift to everyone out there reading my blog, and I thought what better gift than letting you in on my baking prowess and sharing my favorite recipe.

This could be considered "re--gifting" in its truest form, as I was given this recipe by a friend a couple of years ago, but I am sure the original giver won't be too offended that I am sharing it with the world (Thanks Lile).

So here is my gift to you:

The All Seasons Pumpkin Roll
(it's too good to just be enjoyed in the fall)

Ingredients*

Roll:



3 eggs
1 cup sugar
2/3 cup pumpkin
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 cup flour

Filling:



2 tablespoons margarine
8 ounces cream cheese
3/4 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup powdered sugar

*It should be noted that all of the ingredients do not have to come from Kroger, but due to the fact that approx. half of our income comes from that company, it would be much appreciated.

Mix roll ingredients together. Grease a 10" x 15" cookie sheet. Line the sheet with parchment paper and grease the paper. Spread mixture on the paper.



Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.

This is where I need your full attention: After removing the roll from the oven, turn it over onto a pillow case or towel (preferably not a fuzzy towel, as the fuzz does not really taste good) that has been sprinkled with powdered sugar.




Roll up in the towel and let cool on a wire rack.



Now, mix the ingredients for the filling. When the roll is cool, unroll and spread the filling.



Re-roll and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving. Feel free to sprinkle some powdered sugar on top.



To borrow a line from my brother-in-law Andy, this is one of those recipes that while you are making it, you wouldn't be surprised to see Bobby Flay show up at your door for a Throwdown. It's that good.

Thanks for reading and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment