Thursday, May 14, 2009

Late breaking developments...

Our adoption agency has a chat each Thursday night and I usually join after watching The Office. I always pose the question to the adoption coordinator if she has any new news and tonight she did.

Here's the latest...Parker should have received his new birth certificate today. His official name as of today should be Lelesa Matthew Ritzmann, we will be changing that to Parker Lelesa Ritzmann, but that is neither here nor there. He is slated to travel to Addis this weekend, be tested for TB on Monday and we should have the results on Wednesday. If the results come back good, according to the agency director, our Embassy date should be June 2nd. WOW!

That is coming up really soon. I pride myself on trying to stay calm and cool, but I am thinking that this could be a hectic couple of weeks if all goes well. This time 3 weeks from now we could be fast asleep (hopefully) on the other side of the globe with our new son with us.

What needs to be done b/w now and then? A lot. Vaccinations for Sara and myself and even Lleyton, as they recommend anyone that will have very close contact with Parker be vaccinated for Hep A. Booking our flights. Getting the house ready for our new little man. Updating our insurance to include Parker. Packing our bags. Packing our donations. Packing a bag for Parker. And many other things.

I am a bit overwhelmed thinking of it right now, so I think I am going to sleep on it and begin really preparing tomorrow and hope we get the good news next week.

I could be coaching a youth soccer team this time next month. WOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment